The truth is that biscuits know how to sell themselves , and there is no possible deception. Just by the photograph of a sponge cake you can know if it is to your liking or not, if it is spongy enough, if it is an especially juicy sponge cake or even if the crust has been formed correctly. When I saw this cake come out of the oven I knew that I was going to become one of my favorites, and I still had not tried it!
This lemon and yogurt cake is very fluffy and the best thing is that it is made very easily with the famous measure of yogurt . It is about using the container of yogurt that you are going to use in the recipe as a measure, and you fill it with sugar, flour or oil to make the recipe, so you do not need scales or cups and that’s why it’s so easy to prepare in any place and you can even learn it by heart, do you dare?
Ingredients to make lemon cake and yogurt very fluffy and easy:
- 1 natural yogurt (125 gr). You can also use lemon yogurt, although I prefer to introduce the lemon flavor with a whole lemon.
- 1 lemon and its juice.
- 3 eggs.
- Flour (3 measures of yogurt).
- Sugar (2 measures of yogurt).
- Olive oil (1 measure of yogurt). If you like the oil to taste in the final taste, use a powerful flavor, but if you prefer to be more discreet, use a mild-flavored oil, or do as I add half the size of olive oil and the other half with sunflower oil.
- 1 packet of baking powder (16 gr).
- Butter to spread the mold.
- A round mold of 23 cm in diameter or an artistic mold type Bundt Cake .
Preparation, how to make the recipe for lemon sponge cake and very spongy and easy yogurt:
01. Preheat the oven to 180º during these 10 minutes that you will devote approximately to making the cake dough. We have put our Brandt furnace with resistance up and down and fan.
02. Grate the skin of the lemon so that you only ralles the yellow part and do not take anything from the white part because it is bitter. For this I recommend you use a good grater .
03. Squeeze the lemon to obtain its juice and remove the bones. I have measured the juice I have used and they have been about 40-50ml, unless you use an excessively small or large lemon, you should not worry about the amount of juice.
04. Empty the yogurt in a small bowl to be able to use its container from the first moment.
05.In a large bowl add the two measures of sugar and eggs , and whisk them vigorously with a whisk of rods .
06. Add the oil , the yogurt , the grated lemon and its juice and continue beating so that the mixture is homogeneous, without lumps.
07. Now place a strainer right on top of the bowl and add the measures of yeast and flour so that they pass through the sieve. This process is called sieving, and allows these dry ingredients are added to the mixture without lumps or caking, it is great for everything to mix well.
08.Finish mixing everything, that all the ingredients are perfectly integrated.
09.Spread your mold with butter or use vegetable paper to decorate it.
10. Pour the dough into the mold and place it in the oven at medium height and bake for 30 minutes. If you brown too much in the upper area you can put aluminum foil over it to avoid overcooking.
11.Do the test of the toothpick to check if it is ready: click with a toothpick the cake, and if it comes out without glued remains is that it is ready. Turn off the oven, remove the cake and let it rest for 5 minutes inside the mold. Unmold it and let it cool down.
12.If you have prepared it in a round mold, this will be its appearance.
13. And if you have used a mold type Bundt Cake you must wait exactly 10 minutes to turn it over and unmold it, you will see that it happens as if by magic.